Friday, August 2, 2013

MOJO: Self Portrait: Dave Davies

http://www.mojo4music.com/1031/dave-davies/


Dave Davies

The metaphysical Kink in his own words and by his own hand.
Dave Davies Self Portrait
Dave Davies I Will Be Me
Dave Davies’ I Will Be Me (released June 2013)
I would describe myself as… handsome, sexy, 5ft 10 and a half, 12-and-a-half stone. Dark hair. Inventor. Metaphysician. Musician. Innovator. Gorgeous. Intelligent. Fabulous father. Loving, compassionate, kind. Generous. Modest. Humble. Magnetic personality. Generally wonderful. What kind of bloody question is that to ask someone?
Music changed me… by being the most natural thing, for me. I felt I understood it even before I learned to speak, read and write. I didn’t like school at all. I didn’t like being told what to do. Music and painting seemed the most natural ways of self-expression. Music opened up
a new world of possibilities for me.
When I’m not making music… I do psychic and spiritual research – intense study and practise of Tantra and Buddhist meditations and techniques. Yoga, metaphysics and all creative and imaginative pursuits.
My biggest vice… I would love to be able to drink more but I can’t. Good booze stimulates creativity and abstract thought. But this can be done by certain meditations, so we don’t need these stimulants any more. I do, however, like a pint and to watch the Arsenal with my sons and friends.
The last time I was embarrassed was… often. It can be a good thing. Stops you being up your own arse. It shows a certain sensitivity. The ego often needs a good nudge and a shake-down to keep it in check.
“I have never felt that this planet was my home world.”
My formal qualifications are… none!
The last time I cried… was yesterday. I cry easily and find it helps me emotionally and physically. It helps relieve/release emotional and mental blockages and frees up my mind and feelings to analyse and accept the ‘stuff’ in my heart and mind as they rise to the surface. We need to understand how the heart and mind really work.
Vinyl, CD or MP3… CD mainly, but it’s very relaxing to sit and listen to vinyl – it’s an interactive thing.
My most treasured possession… is one of my few guitars.
The best book I’ve read… too many to mention. The Book Of Thoth – Aleister Crowley. Raja Yoga by Swami Vivekananda. I don’t read novels!
Is the glass half-empty or half-full… Why should it be either? I consider myself an optimistic realist. Pessimism is only useful in showing us a counterbalance. To caution against blind optimism. But blind optimism might be the only way forward.
My biggest regret is… not pursuing my emotional goals in adolescence. I fell in love when I was 14 years old and it changed my life. Our parents said we were too young to be ‘really’ in love, and kept us apart, and broke both of our hearts. She had my baby and I didn’t get to see my daughter until she was thirtysomething. You can never repair a broken heart – you only learn to live with it, and be ever watchful of how easily people are hurt. People that don’t know me often say I look as if I’m in another world. I have never felt that this planet was my home world.
When we die… I believe we reincarnate after a period of consideration and atonement for past deeds that helps us as ever-evolving souls to choose and appreciate future life. We keep going round until we ‘get it’. And then we go on – to other planets or other planes of existence, who knows?
I’d like to be remembered as… someone staring out of the window in class, who never did what he was told.

No comments:

Post a Comment