Tuesday, June 22, 2010

VIDEO: Rev. Vera Bell Homegoing Celebration!

http://desosquichante.blogspot.com/2010/06/praise-him-with-stringed-instrumen...

THE SINGING BONES

MONDAY, JUNE 21, 2010

Praise Him, with stringed instruments....

One of the dumber things I do is second guess my choices for the blog. Ya see, I really have no idea what other folks have heard or seen before [just consider that I live in my own little world and you won't be too far off the mark]. Thus I often find myself holding back on stuff I think is amazing because I figure everyone else in the world already knows about it.....when it fact, that's not always true.

Anyway, I first saw this clip about a year ago, but when I watched it again yesterday I noticed that it only has 8 thousand views....which utterly confuses me, because doesn't everyone obsessively search you tube for new House Of God/Sacred Steel videos????

This is the best of it's type I've seen...the real thing. The sound isn't too bad if you turn it way up...and believe me, you DO want to turn it up. When Elder Aubrey Ghent starts to shred on the pedal steel, at about three minutes in, you'll know why.

Rev. Vera Bell Homegoing Celebration!

joethemusicman  June 21, 2008 — Orville Noble singing "I Don't Know What You Come to Do" in memory of his lovely mother Rev. Vera Bell accomp. by Rev. Ghent, Tramaine, Curtis & Eddie

Posted via web from ttexed's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment