Monday, November 29, 2010

Lonesome Town

Original audio source (RickyNelsonLonesomeTown.mp3)

http://www.somanyrecordssolittletime.com/records/RickyNelsonLonesomeTown.mp3

Ricky Nelson

Listen: Lonesome Town / Ricky Nelson

Somewhere during their DATE WITH ELVIS / STAY SICK period, The Cramps were doing ‘Lonesome Town’ live. It was around then that I’d joined Island Records and rang Lux and Ivy to update them with my new contact info.

Ivy and I got into a long conversation about all kinds of trivia, which was not uncommon. She and Lux were always the most interesting and intriguing people. We would sometimes stay on the phone for hours.

As we were winding it down, I asked would they like any records from the label.

“What do you have?”

“There’s Robert Palmer, U2, Anthrax, Grace Jones, Julian Cope……”

“Hmmm. I’ve never heard of any of those people. Do you have any Ricky Nelson records?”

Read more at www.somanyrecordssolittletime.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment