Saturday, November 6, 2010

What Shall I Render Unto The Lord - Jewel Turner


Howdy Folks! Check out my private press, strange music, exotica, atomic and space age pop finds! If there are copyright issues or a problem with any post, just contact me and I will make corrections. I'm here to have fun and hope you will share in my process of discovery!


Saturday, November 6, 2010


What Shall I Render Unto The Lord - Jewel Turner

What Shall I Render



What Shall I Render Unto The Lord


Jewel Turner

Artist Records, Cincinnati, Ohio

700647



Straight out of the sealed shrink comes this jewel. I wonder why Jewel Turner didn't record on Jewel, another Cincinnati, Ohio label?



Anyway, the cover is a little misleading. From the photo I expected to hear a classically "trained" voice, but this is a country pop vocal LP.



Turner has a interesting voice. Sometimes her voice sounds like vintage pop and then other times, country. And her voice always seems to be on the point going flat. But then she pulls out of those rough spots and works out the song in a natural way that is full of positive energy. The overall effect through the LP is a pleasant one even though the example song posted above, the title track, might challenge you depending on your taste.



The engineering and the backup band are very good which help keep the recording lively and interesting.




Posted by
By Mark Betcher
Read more at artworkbymanicmark.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment